The Southeastern Women’s Studies Association supports caucuses for groups that are under-represented within society or SEWSA as an organization.
All current Caucuses, as well one Caucus in formation, have issued their own CFPs, with a deadline of November 16th. Submissions for Caucus-based presentations are submitted by e-mail directly to Caucus representatives. Those submitting papers will be notified soon after the deadline so that they can also submit to the general CFP by November 30th, should they desire.
Cripping Feminist Outrage CFP:
- Title: “Cripping Feminist Outrage” (Download complete CFP in Word Doc)
- How to Submit: Please send abstracts of approximately 100 words, along with a CV, to Merri Lisa Johnson at mjohnson[at]uscupstate[dot]edu
LGBTQ Caucus CFP:
- Title: “The Queer South: Challenging Regionalisms” (Download complete CFP in Word Doc)
- How to Submit: Abstracts of no more than 500 words should be submitted to the LGBTQ Caucus Chair, Dr. Jennifer Purvis, at jpurvis[at]ua[dot]edu with the subject line: “SEWSA LGBTQ 2013.”
POC Caucus CFP:
- Title: “A Meeting at the Kitchen Table: POC Feminists Envisioning the Future” (Download complete CFP in Word Doc)
- How to Submit: Please email moyazb[at]gmail[dot]com with your submissions by Sept. 15 with “SEWSA POC 13” in the subject line.
Student Caucus CFP:
- Title: “The Future of Feminism in a Post Identity Era” (Download complete CFP in Word Doc)
- How to Submit: Email Aretina Hamilton, Student Caucus Representative, (aretina.hamilton[at]uky[dot]edu) with your abstract submission (no more than 250 words). Please put “CFP SEWSA 2013” in the subject line.